Saturday, February 2

A Moment in Time

**
Every once in a while I catch a little glimpse of who my girls might be as young women. Just a little, crooked smile or gleam in their eyes or an oddly knowing glance. Today I caught it on film.

Alex is just five and yet somehow I see the young woman in her as she plays dress-up and dances around the living room. It's in her eyes and how she carries herself. I hope she never loses that confident, fun-loving, take charge aura. She is a pleasure.

As I watch her, I'm simultaneously proud and sad. It's amazing to watch as my babies grow into people, but each moment is so fleeting. Sometimes I study those moments and focus really hard, trying my best to imprint these memories so that I'll never loose sight of who they were as I watch them become who they will one day be.

**

No comments: