Thursday, January 11

HELP!! They're Winning!!!

Any mom with young kids knows what I mean when I say, "Help! They're winning!"

It's a day when the kids are a step or two ahead and I'm playing catch up all day. I start to pick up the breakfast mess and, before I'm done, hear a splash in the bathroom - "Oh, that can't be good." and off I go to investigate. After changing the youngest, who was soaked after the tupperware container filled with soapy water spilled down the front of her, I begin mopping up the floor when....,

Yeah. It was one of THOSE days.

We had syrup in the hair, a bloody facial injury, a previously well organized dresser emptied onto the bedroom floor, a hard wack from one to the other and back again, two girls soaked with water and covered in liquid soap, ink pen on the kitchen table, hugs and forgiveness from one to the other and back again, a perpetual mess in the living room and on the kitchen table, and on and on and on.

And all of this before NOON!!

I finally escaped the house for a few hours - Kidsville, you are my savior!! Followed by lunch and nap time. Glorious nap time!!

No comments: