Sunday, July 29

**

Sorry for this, less than fun post - but I've got to get this off my chest!

**

*sigh*

What do you say to those who spread gossip? Not simple, innocuous gossip - but calculated, misleading information meant to create an angst-filled drama complete with petty retributions.

What do you say to those who hear the gossip and so readily believe it, without fact-checking or the benefit of the doubt. And how do you react to the resulting retaliation?

*sigh*

The answer is easy - unless it's with your family of origin. Oh - then it's all so much stickier and part of a much, much larger picture that encompasses too many people, too much history, too many issues.

*sigh*

At the heart of this, for me, are my kids and my husband. It hurts and things that bring me pain, by extension, bring pain to my immediate family. It's an ugly, pettiness that I won't welcome into our lives. And, because I won't continue to expose myself or my family to subtle and not-so-subtle abuse and manipulation, my girls will miss out on key, lifelong relationships. It breaks my heart that this petty, baseless retribution comes at such an incredibly high price.

*sigh*

**

No comments: