Thursday, May 11

Poop on Parade....,

Sitting at Kidsville with Ron, Alec's Dad, we were talking about the kids while we watched them play. Alex alerted the large warehouse sized room that she had to go potty. 'Poopy' to be specific & she was going to go by herself! Well, I could not have been more proud.

"I can't believe how grown up she is. Just three and she can take care of business. How cool is that!" I beamed at Ron.

"Yeah, that's great. Alec (who is 5 months older) isn't anywhere near that stage," he replied.

And, as I continued beaming about my daughter, we chatted about Alex and her apparent advanced potty training & verbal skills for the next few minutes until we were interrupted by our subject.

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" Alex yelled excitedly from the restroom door, where she was now standing with her shorts and panties around her ankles. "Mommy come here!! You have to see this - I made a REALLY big POOP!! Come see!"

A bit more sheepishly then before I stood up to go 'see' my daughter's latest great accomplishment as my friend said with a grin, "We tend to celebrate other things in our house."

No comments: